Relating to the world: Don't compare yourself

We relate to the world around us through our mind via the senses. Relationship is literally how your mind works. For example, you would have an entirely different conversation with a three-year old than you would with someone your own age. I play hide-and-seek with my daughter Mia. It would be a little strange to play hide and seek with my coworkers.

Relationship is built over time. Relationship is when your process something, it's entire history; and behave, think, feel, and act towards it. There are some people you can behave a certain way towards (ie: edgy joking), and others you can't. You even relate to a sandwich you are about to eat. You know it's history (ie: It's edible, you like that style of sandwich), and you act towards it (eating).

So, that leaves us with comparing. You are the only you. I know you've heard or read that before, but it's true. I don't compare the time with my grandma, with the time with my friends. It's just different. I don't sit there with my "nanny," saying to myself, "Gosh, I wish I could talk about football." I don't spend time in my car, driving somewhere, saying to myself, "This isn't as fun as the roller coaster I was on a week ago." It's different.

Relationship is when you first object, then you subject. Relationship is literally how you function in life. If someone meets someone who is attractive, or excels at certain social qualities, it doesn't mean that you are any less. You are different. True, they may have a better time with someone else, but that doesn't mean they are going look at you with that same expectation.

So, expectation is the real reason we compare. Expectations that we put on ourselves, and others. When you see your significant other who is talking to someone who is physically more attractive than you, or funnier than you, it doesn't mean they are going to turn back at you and think of you any less. Jealousy arouses when you truly don't understand who you are and how you relate. What if you saw a guy or girl you liked, socializing with an amazing looking guy or girl. It may arouse some jealousy, right? What if you then found out, that it was their brother or sister? Jealousy gone!

All you can control is the way in you which you relate to a person. You can't control the way they relate to everybody else around them. Focus on your relationships, and do not compare yourself with others. You're unique, and they don't have that with anything or anyone else.

God bless,
Ryan

Comments

Popular Posts